Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
National Pen has always had a strong sense of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). National Pen recognises the value of CSR and we are committed to encouraging the development of CSR initiatives across the business. The purpose of this document is to set out National Pens Policy in respect of Corporate Social Responsibility. This Policy has been drafted in line with the core pillars in Ireland's National Plan on Corporate Social Responsibility 2014-2016.
National Pen management and employees strive to work in a responsible and ethical way, to lead by example and to continuously improve our activities and processes. National Pen recognises our responsibility for the social impact we have on customers, suppliers, employees and local communities, and our corporate social responsibility programme is integral to what we do. National Pen aims to inspire and facilitate our people to contribute positively to our society and create a sustainable business future.
Workplace Employee Focus
National Pen’s employees drive its continued success. National Pen strives to be a good employer, offering transparent terms and conditions and fair compensation and benefits. Some examples of our workplace initiatives include:
- In line with best practice, National Pen has proactive and strategic HR policies. These go beyond compliance and incorporate a focus on employee consultation and communication, wellbeing, work-life balance, further training, education and career development opportunities.
- Equal opportunities is a concept to which National Pen is committed, and all employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
- Training grants are available to staff who wish to further their education.
- Health & Wellbeing is a continuous focus.
- National Pen supports staff social events, the highlights of which include the Children’s Christmas party and the staff Christmas party.
National Pen is committed to energy efficiency, minimising waste, reducing water consumption, encouraging greener modes of transport and generally encouraging a culture of sustainability and an awareness of our impact on the environment. Some examples of our initiatives include:
- We take every opportunity to recycle any waste that we generate.
- Reject pens are donated to charitable causes.
National Pen champion and support the values and concepts of justice, fairness and equity. National Pen strives to create a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and equal opportunities.
National Pen is very aware that it is in a strong position to give something back to the local and wider community. We actively support many community engagement initiatives including those outlined below:
- A number of charities benefit each year from funds raised by National Pen employees.
- Volunteering by employees
- Provide opportunities for the unemployed and support employment for those with disabilities.